Tallinn is the capital city of Estonia as well as the biggest city in Estonia.
Population: 406 703
Geographically, Estonia is on the north-eastern edge of the European Union, bordering Russia and Latvia.
– country in Northern Europe
– Member of European Union and NATO
– Population: 1,34 million
– Area: 45 228 km2
– Currency: Euro (EUR)
More facts about Estonia (www.visitestonia.com):
- Finland is a short hop across the sea – just 80km away.
- There are ferries to Tallinn from Helsinki (Finland) or Stockholm (Sweden).
- Estonia is in the Schengen Area so we have open borders with the rest of Europe.
- Brits, Americans, Canadians and Australians can also enter Estonia visa-free.
- Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport, named after our late President, has direct flights all over Europe.
- Estonia has a population of just 1.3 million but is larger than Denmark or Holland.
- The Estonian language is a nightmare to learn.
- Everyone in tourism speaks good English and often German, Finnish, Russian and Swedish too!
Read more interesting facts about Estonia – HERE
Foto: Allan Alajaan, Tallinn City Tourist Office & Convention Bureau